FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a twin room), up to a maximum of 800 EUR per person. The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers on the basis of the uploaded CV, and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website. In the platform's registration system, (i) include proof of your society membership in the file you upload with supporting documents, and (ii) answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a FEBS YTF award.
The deadline for YTF applications is December 1st!
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by December 20th and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Please note, that all registrants, applying for a grant, must pay the registration fee in full after completing the registration process.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighboring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
For applicants travelling from outside the FEBS area:One transcontinental YTF award is offered as a result of support from IUBMB for participation of scientists from outside the FEBS area in this event. For eligibility criteria, please find the guidelines here on the FEBS website.]
We will offer several registration fee waivers as fellowships for ABC2018. The number of available grants will be announced in due course of time. Please note, that all registrants, applying for a grant, must pay the registration fee in full after completing the registration process.
Grant application and eligibility
Student proof: Letter from supervisor confirming student status OR proof that you are within five years of
having obtained a PhD degree.
CV of maximum 2 pages
Submission of abstract as first author
Answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a grant. Upload a single pdf containing all required documents to your participant account. Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by January 2018. Please note that all participants need to pay the registration fee upfront at the point of application.